Aperus (aka Brian McWilliams) is an ambient musician & photographer living in the high desert of New Mexico. With each recording he seeks to capture the emotion and sense of place through photographic art and field recordings and translate them into an audio visual experience for the listener.
Remanence is the collaboration between Brian McWilliams and John Phipps. Both found common interest in the creative possibilities of recordings as tangible physical objects and believe that process and presentation add another dimension to the experience of the music contained within. Musically, their style is rooted in the instrumental, experimental ambient genres.
- Aperus "Weather Anomalies" released September 5, 2021. Downloads available on Bandcamp, iTunes, etc.
- Aperus "Archaic Signal" Reviews, Press kit and Q&A added to Press area.
- Aperus "Archaic Signal" released September 16, 2020. Downloads available on Bandcamp, iTunes, etc.
- Reviews added for Aperus "Lie Symmetry".
- Daniel D. Stanisic interviews Aperus about "Lie Symmetry", influences and more.
- Aperus "Lie Symmetry" released April 18, 2018. Downloads available on Bandcamp, iTunes, etc.
- Aperus - a Journey into Symmetry Blog Post added.
- Remanence "Lamkhyer (Remastered Edition)" released March, 2015 with bonus tracks, deluxe artwork and photos. Downloads available from Bandcamp, iTunes, etc.
Sign up to hear about Aperus / Remanence releases. We send email related to album releases and periodic sales. You can unsubscribe at any time.